Parade Rules & Regulations
Entry contact person listed above must read, sign, and abide by the following, and is responsible for insuring the rest of the entry participants understand and abide by the information below.
- Do not throw water balloons, confetti, or other large or hard objects during the parade.
- Please do not stop along the parade route.
- You may hand out candy or other small items, but they should be handed directly to parade watchers.
- All floats and other motorized vehicles are responsible for having liability insurance, and must be able to provide documented proof of such on the day of the parade.
- In consideration of the acceptance of this application, the applicant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold
- Like costumes will be allowed in the parade except masks (Halloween costumes)
- The person in charge of the float must remain with that float throughout the parade and must have a cell phone on his/her person.
- This person and cell phone number must be indicated on the parade registration form. Any changes must be reported to the parade Chair prior to the parade.
- Participants must maintain a forward motion at all times once the parade has begun.
- No stopping or lagging behind will be allowed.
- For any cars or car clubs that are entered in the parade: All drivers are required to have a valid driver’s license. Burning rubber or excessive acceleration will absolutely not be tolerated. Violators will be removed from the parade immediately.
- No one may leave the parade until it has reached the dispersal area at Cove Terrace Shopping Center.
- Participants in parade must refrain from smoking and the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Parade participants driving their own vehicles must submit proof of liability insurance with their registration form.
- During lineup at the staging area, all entries must be equipped with the following: – Fire extinguishers/A working horn – Proof of insurance – Working lights on any/all vehicles
- Share the spirit of the traditions with spectators and fellow parade participants.
- Participants must exit floats at the dispersal point. Due to safety concerns and a city ordinance